Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Lovely Bones trailer


This could possibly be one of the very best book to film adaptations of all time. No big surprise since it comes to you via the incredibly talented mind of Peter Jackson.
Based on the book by Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones is a touching story of a young girl who has been murdered. That might not seem very dynamic but when you throw in the twist of the young girl narrating the book as she is in the "inbetween" (or Limbo I suppose), visiting her family and desperately trying to help them find the man who killed her...it turns out to be a pretty incredible story.
I read the book quite a few years ago and never thought about it in terms of a feature film and, initially, I was a little hesitant when I found out it was going to be put onto the big screen but this trailer looks AMAZING! I'm going to be a bit unprofessional here and flat out say...I am absolutely going to see this in theatres because I think it will seriously be fucking brilliant. I get goosebumps when I see what Peter Jackson saw when reading about the "inbetween." His creativity is nearly unmatched in the film world. One more time...AMAZING!
Thank P. Jackson!

Oh yeah...side note....Mark Wahlberg!

1 comment:

Yana Matusovski said...

say hi to your mother for me